Safe Horizon’s Immigration Law Project (ILP) provides free and low-cost services to immigrant victims of domestic violence, crime, trafficking and torture in immigration proceedings. ILP has represented thousands of survivors of intimate partner and gender-based violence, helping them towards a pathway of obtaining residency or citizenship in the United States. Specifically, we represent clients in U visa applications, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), self-petitions, asylum claims, removal defense cases, applications for permanent residency and citizenship.
Interns get hands-on experience working directly with survivors of crime and violence and asylum seekers.
- Legal research
- Legal writing
- Country research
- Preparation of VAWA and U visa cases
- Translation work
- Currently enrolled in law school
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest working in immigration or the public interest sector.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- If interested, please send cover letter and resume to the following: email@example.com and indicate in the subject line “ILP Internship Spring 2022”.