For many survivors of violence, the journey to safety and healing starts with a simple phone call to one of our specialized domestic violence hotlines.
Our Hotline advocates offer personalized, non-judgmental support, talk to you about your safety, provide information about resources in your community, and connect you to our programs and services.
Our confidential hotlines provide one-on-one support including:
- Crisis counseling
- Safety planning
- Assistance with finding domestic violence shelters
- Information about resources
We can assist in any language.
Domestic Violence Hotlines
Our three 24-hour hotlines operate seven days a week, 365 days a year. Advocates are standing by right now to help you.
- For help with domestic violence, please call our domestic violence hotline: 1- 800-621-HOPE (4673).
- For help with all crimes, including support for family members of homicide victims, please call: 1-866-689-HELP (4357).
- For help with rape and sexual assault, please call: 1-212-227-3000.
- Or call NYC’s 311
- In an emergency, call 911
TDD machine for hearing impaired clients for all hotlines: 1-866-604-5350.
Other Safe Horizon Contact Lines
Our centrally-located Community Programs work to provide ongoing support to survivors of all violence and abuse.
- To access one of our Community Program locations, call our centralized Citywide Helpline, available during normal business hours (Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.), 1-855-234-1042.
Our Streetwork Project hotline connects homeless young people up to age 25 to help.
- The Streetwork Project hotline operates Mon. – Fri. except Wednesdays, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m, 1-800-708-6600.
Project SAFE Lock Replacement
Project SAFE Lock Replacement provides a free lock and cylinder changes to people who feel unsafe in their home in New York City.
- Call: 855-234-1042. Leave your contact information and expect a call back during normal business hours (Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.)