Signs of Stalking
Most stalking is done by someone known to the victim, such as a current or former partner. Yet some victims are stalked by complete strangers.
Stalking can include a wide array of behaviors:
- Does someone always seem to be just around the corner when you are going to work, are out with friends, or in your neighborhood?
- Does someone keep making unwanted phone calls to your home or work?
- Do you find signs that someone has been in or near your home, your car, or your workplace when you were not there?
- Are you receiving repeated letters, gifts, cards, social media posts and/or emails even though you told the sender to stop sending them?
- Has someone tried to get information about you from a third person like a family member, friend, or co-worker?
- Is someone posting information or spreading rumors about you on the internet, in a public place, or by word of mouth?
There is help in your community.