Thank you for your interest in being a part of the important work we do to help empower our community of survivors to move from crisis to confidence.
There are several ways to get involved:
- You can encourage your company to participate in corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- You can fundraise through our grassroots fundraising platform, Team Horizon.
- You can follow us on social media and share our content. We are on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- You can apply for available internship and volunteer opportunities.
About Volunteering and Interning at Safe Horizon
When and Where Can I Volunteer?
Safe Horizon sites are located throughout the five boroughs. Due to the confidentiality of our work, many of our client-facing opportunities for both individuals and groups are limited. Minimum commitment and hours vary depending upon the program.
What Types of Internship and Volunteer Opportunities Are There and When Are They Offered?
Volunteer and internship opportunities are a valuable way to get to know our programs and how our organization works. Many lifelong advocates and Safe Horizon staff in leadership positions began their journey as interns or volunteers. We are committed to fostering a culture of learning. Internship and volunteer opportunities are a great way to get involved.
Safe Horizon internships are unpaid, and availability varies throughout the year. Both graduate and undergraduate internships are available. Most internships begin in the Fall and end in the Spring.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year based on the needs of individual programs.
What is the Internship and Volunteer Application Process?
- Submit an Interest Form for the position that interests you.
- If your experience aligns with current organizational needs, you will be contacted by the Program Staff.
- If selected for the opportunity, Program Staff will ask you to fill out an online application and submit your resume.
- Human Resources staff will ask you to submit to applicable background checks and to sign the required agreements.
- Program Staff will provide task-specific orientation during onboarding.
When Will I Hear Back?
Due to the high volume of interest expressed in our intern and volunteer opportunities, we are unable to respond to every request. If your interest and skills match a current need, a Safe Horizon staff person will contact you to further explore the opportunity.
Available Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
All opportunities are published on this page as they become available. Please check back periodically if there are no opportunities currently listed.
- Internship: Brooklyn Supervised Visitation Program
- Volunteer: Rape Sexual Assault (RSA) Advocate – Must live on Staten Island