Signs of Abuse
Some signs of domestic violence are more obvious than others. Here are a few common signs.
Does your intimate partner ever:
- Accuse you of cheating and being disloyal?
- Make you feel worthless?
- Hurt you by hitting, choking or kicking you?
- Intimidate and threaten to hurt you or someone you love?
- Threaten to hurt themselves if they don’t get what they want?
- Try to control what you do and who you see?
- Isolate you from your family and friends?
- Pressure or force you into unwanted sex?
- Control your access to money?
- Stalk you, including calling you constantly or following you?
If you recognize these signs of domestic violence and suspect that you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, you are not alone; there is help in your community.