Hotlines, Helpline, and SafeChat
- Call our 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-621-HOPE (4673)
- Call our 24/7 Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-212-227-3000
- Chat with an advocate: visit Safehorizon.org/SafeChat
Assistance for anyone impacted by crimes, including support for family members of homicide victims. Hours are Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. : 1-855-234-1042
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911. To speak with an advocate, call our 24-hour hotline at 1-800-621-HOPE (4673).
Community Programs, Counseling, and Child Services
Our Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) in all five boroughs are open.
The Counseling Center is welcoming new clients for trauma therapy. We are providing our full array of clinic services remotely via telehealth. We are able to see our clients for in-person services by appointment only on an as-needed basis. Please call 347-328-8110 for more information.
Our Community Programs are conducting limited in-person work Monday through Friday by appointment only in all five boroughs. Please contact the Helpline at 1-855-234-1042 or visit our SafeChat page to reach us directly.
Our Child Trauma Response Team (CTRT) is offering remote work Mondays through Saturdays as well as in-person services by appointment, for clients across the 5 boroughs. To be connected with us, please contact the Helpline at 1-855-234-1042.
- Streetwork Project’s Uptown Drop-In has experienced some site damage due to a water pipe break. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please visit Streetwork’s Instagram page for real-time updates: https://www.instagram.com/streetworknyc/
- Starting Thursday, January 5th, 2023, the Drop-in will be closed for repairs.
- If you are a client, please reach out to SWUptownclients@safehorizon.org for questions or services.
- Staff will be redirected to the Overnight to provide daytime coverage and support to young people.
- All case management will be conducted via Google doc and therapy virtual.
- Additional updates on where our Outreach will be in the evenings will be posted onsite at the door.
- Intake for new clients will be available at the LES Drop-in located at 33 Essex St.
- The Lower East Side Drop-In Center is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Clients age 24 and up can have access to our space Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Syringe exchange can be found at the front door between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
- Clients can access showers any day of the week at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Streetwork Projects Overnight continues to accept crisis bed referrals.
- Streetwork Project’s Outreach is operating 7 p.m. – 2 a.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
Trafficking, Immigration, and Shelters
All Domestic Violence Shelters are operating. Please call our Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-621-HOPE (4673)
Our Anti-Trafficking Program office is doing limited in-person work by appointment only, Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please call our Intake Line at (718) 943-8652 or our General Line at (718) 943-8631, and leave a message with your name and a safe way to contact you by phone or email. We are checking both lines multiple times a day. All other services continue to be offered remotely.
Our Immigration Law Project office is conducting limited in-person work by appointment only Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please call our Intake Line and leave a message. We are checking this number multiple times a day: 718-943-8632
Court and Justice Programs
The Family Justice Centers are open five days a week with limited in-person services. If you are able to, please call in advance to schedule an appointment, as it will help us manage the number of people onsite and ensure social distancing. Click here for the numbers of the FJCs in all five boroughs.
Our Criminal Court Program staff are working remotely. Click here for contact numbers and information.
Safe Horizon Criminal Court Programs will be on-site the following days to meet with clients who come to the court buildings and are not able to access services remotely. The Criminal Court programs will continue to provide remote services on these days as well as the other days that they are not on-site in the criminal court buildings.
Click here for contact numbers and information.
- Brooklyn Criminal Court staff are on-site Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Bronx Criminal Court staff are on-site Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Queens Criminal Court staff are on-site Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Staten Island Criminal Court staff are on-site Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Safe Horizon Family Court Programs will be on-site the following days to meet with clients who come to the court building and are not able to access services remotely. The Family Court Programs will continue to provide remote services on these days as well as the other days that they are not on-site in the Family Court buildings.
Click here for contact numbers and information.
- The Brooklyn Family Court Program is seeing clients on-site on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The Bronx Family Court Program is seeing clients on-site on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The Queens Family Court Program is seeing clients on-site on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The Manhattan Family Court Program staff is seeing clients on-site on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
All Supervised Visitation Programs are currently providing remote visits referred by the courts.
All Court Program Children’s Centers are closed.
Our Domestic Violence Law Project staff continue to work remotely until clients and their attorneys are able to enter the courthouses for their court cases. Please call our Intake Line and leave a message. We are checking this number multiple times a day: 718-834-7430 ext. 1101. Or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Restitution staff continue to process restitution payments and are available to assist by phone or email Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Staff can be reached at the email addresses and telephone numbers listed here. Please leave a message if no one answers and staff will return your call. Learn how to establish a restitution case or how to make a payment here.
Here are ways we are keeping clients and staff safe while on-site:
- We are asking clients to make appointments when possible to help maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Both clients and staff are asked to wear masks while on-site (for anyone over the age of 2) and to maintain social distancing guidelines. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be available for clients who arrive on-site without a mask.
- Both clients and staff will be asked to sign in and provide contact information for contact tracing purposes. To learn more about contact tracing, please click here. No client information will be shared with immigration, law enforcement, or justice officials unless it becomes required by law.
- Both clients and staff will also be asked to affirm they have not experienced any Covid-like symptoms for the past 14 days.
- Both clients and staff will be asked if they have traveled to a state currently on New York State’s quarantine list prior to being on-site.
- If clients or staff are not feeling well or have a fever, we are asking them to return home and clients will be offered remote services.