Hotlines, Helpline, and SafeChat
- Call our 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-621-HOPE (4673)
- Call our 24/7 Rape and Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-212-227-3000
- Chat with an advocate: visit Safehorizon.org/SafeChat
Assistance for anyone impacted by crimes, including support for family members of homicide victims. Hours are Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. : 1-855-234-1042
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911. To speak with an advocate, call our 24-hour hotline at 1-800-621-HOPE (4673).
Community Programs, Counseling, and Child Services
Our Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) in all five boroughs are open.
Our Counseling Center office is physically closed; however, we are providing usual therapy and counseling services over the phone. Please call 347-328-8110 for more information.
Our Community Program offices are closed. Staff are working remotely. Please call the Helpline: 1-855-234-1042
Our Child Trauma Response Team (CTRT) is conducting limited in-person work by appointment only on Wednesdays and Thursdays in Queens and Saturdays in both the Bronx and Manhattan. Our remote work will continue to be offered Mondays through Saturdays, servicing all clients across the 5 boroughs. To be connected with us, please contact the Hotline, Helpline at 1-855-234-1042, or SafeChat.
All Streetwork Project locations for homeless young people are operating.
- The Lower East Side Drop-In Center is open to clients for limited services Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. Syringe exchange clients can access the showers one day a week of their choosing as well as syringe exchange at the door. Respite services are currently on pause.
- Streetwork Project’s Uptown Drop-In Center is open 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We are closed Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays.
- New intakes for clients 18-24 years old are limited to 3 a day, 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Clients under 18 years old are able to do intakes at any time. Limited on-site services include: meals to go; food pantry; laundry drop-off/pick up; showers; clothing; emergency baby supplies; syringe exchange; Narcan distribution and harm reduction supplies; telehealth; remote groups opportunities and referrals.
- Streetwork Project’s Overnight Site continues to conduct intakes with reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing in the residence.
- Streetwork Project’s Outreach is operating 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. the following days: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Click here to visit the official Streetwork program page or visit Streetwork’s official Instagram page for direct updates.
Trafficking, Immigration, and Shelters
All Domestic Violence Shelters are operating. Please call our Domestic Violence Hotline: 1- 800-621-HOPE (4673)
Our Anti-Trafficking Program office is doing limited in-person work by appointment, Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please call our Intake Line at (718) 943-8652 or our General Line at (718) 943-8631, and leave a message with your name and a safe way to contact you by phone or email. We are checking both lines multiples times a day.
Our Immigration Law Project office is conducting limited in-person work by appointment only Mon. – Fri. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please call our Intake Line and leave a message. We are checking this number multiple times a day: 718-943-8632
All Family Justice Centers (FJCs) are closed. Staff are working remotely and calls are being answered by the FJC Administrative Teams and directed to Safe Horizon staff. Click here for contact numbers and information.
All Family Court Programs are closed. Staff are working remotely. Click here for contact numbers and information.
All Criminal Court Programs are closed. Staff are working remotely. Click here for contact numbers and information.
All Supervised Visitation Programs are currently providing remote visits referred by the courts.
All Court Program Children’s Centers are closed.
Our Domestic Violence Law Project office is closed. Staff are working remotely. Please call our Intake Line and leave a message. We are checking this number multiple times a day: 718-834-7430 ext. 1101. Or you can send an email to
Our Restitution sites are closed. Staff are working remotely. Please call 646-628-6953.
Here are ways we are keeping clients and staff safe while on-site:
- We are asking clients to make appointments when possible to help maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Both clients and staff are asked to wear masks while on-site (for anyone over the age of 2) and to maintain social distancing guidelines. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be available for clients who arrive on-site without a mask.
- Both clients and staff will be asked to sign in and provide contact information for contact tracing purposes. To learn more about contact tracing, please click here. No client information will be shared with immigration, law enforcement, or justice officials unless it becomes required by law.
- Both clients and staff will also be asked to affirm they have not experienced any Covid-like symptoms for the past 14 days.
- Both clients and staff will be asked if they have traveled to a state currently on New York State’s quarantine list prior to being on-site.
- If clients or staff are not feeling well or have a fever, we are asking them to return home and clients will be offered remote services.