Hotline Phone Numbers
Domestic Violence Victims: Get Help
Get Help: Call Our Free Anonymous Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
What is Domestic Violence? Are You in an Abusive Relationship?
Domestic Violence Defined: Also known as domestic abuse, domestic violence is a pattern of behavior used to establish power and control over another person through fear and intimidation, often including the threat or use of violence.
How Can You Tell if You are in an Abusive Relationship?
Need help identifying signs of abuse in a relationship? Read Safe Horizon’s Domestic Violence Tip Card - 10 Signs (PDF).
Where to Get Help if You are a Domestic Violence Victim
- If you are in New York City and are being abused by your partner, Safe Horizon can help you.
- Safe Horizon is the largest provider of domestic violence services in the country.
- Our domestic violence and abuse counselors are compassionate, experienced, and can help you explore all your options.
Safe Horizon's Domestic Violence Resources
Learn more about domestic violence and how Safe Horizon can help:
- Resources for domestic violence victims
- How to create a Safety Plan
- Learn about our shelters in NYC
- Support critical services for domestic violence victims