Hotline Phone Numbers
10 Signs of Domestic Violence & Abuse
Get Help: Call Our Free Anonymous Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
Some signs of domestic violence and abuse are more obvious than others. Below are a few of the most common signs of domestic abuse and violence.
Does your partner ever:
- Accuse you of cheating and being disloyal?
- Make you feel worthless?
- Hurt you by hitting, choking or kicking you?
- Intimidate and threaten to hurt you or someone you love?
- Threaten to hurt themselves if they don’t get what they want?
- Try to control what you do and who you see?
- Isolate you?
- Pressure or force you into unwanted sex?
- Control your access to money?
- Stalk you, including calling you constantly or following you?
If you recognize the signs of domestic violence and suspect that you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, you are not alone; there is help in your community.
If you suspect that you are experiencing domestic violence or relationship abuse, remember:
- You are not alone
- You are not to blame
- You do not deserve to be treated this way
- You have rights
- You can get help
If you suspect that someone you know is experiencing domestic violence or relationship abuse:
- Visit our Get Help page for domestic violence victims
- See a full list of domestic violence resources
- Call our Domestic Violence Hotline: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
Share the signs of domestic violence and abuse:
- 10 Signs of Domestic Violence and Abuse (English) (PDF - 1.32 Mb)
- 10 Signs That You May Be Experiencing Relationship Abuse (English)