Safe Horizon, one of the largest agencies helping victims of crime and abuse, is based in New York City. If you are a victim of crime and abuse and seek in-person support, Safe Horizon can help you. We can be found in more than 57 locations all over New York City and in each borough, and offer support ranging from 24-hour, toll-free hotlines to emergency shelters.
What support and assistance do you offer for victims of crime and abuse?
Being a victim of crime or abuse can cause immediate hardships - injury, loss of cash and property, fear for one's safety - as well long-term emotional trauma, including feelings of despair and loneliness. Safe Horizon can offer you the critical services you need, whether you're the victim of domestic violence or a robbery victim. Please see below for links to our programs and services based on your needs. For more information, call a Safe Horizon hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Safe Horizon's Programs:
- Domestic Violence
- Rape & Sexual Assault
- Child Abuse
- Anti-Trafficking Program
- Schools and Homeless Youth
- Families of Homicide Victims
Safe Horizon's Services:
- Streetwork Project for Homeless Youth
- Child Advocacy Centers
- Domestic Violence Law Project
- Immigration Law Project
- Counseling Centers
- Community Programs
- Court Programs
- Domestic Violence Shelters
- Project SAFE - our free service that provides free residential (home or apartment) lock changing services for crime victims in New York City, including domestic violence. By providing a free lock change, crime victims are able to re-secure their home. Contact Project SAFE by calling 866.689.HELP (4357).
New York Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) System
The New York VINE system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender and to register to receive telephone and e-mail notification when the offender’s custody status changes.
The VINE toll-free number for the New York VINE system is 1.888.VINE 4 NY (888.846.3469). This service is provided to assist victims of crime who have a right to know about their offender's custody status. You may also visit VINE online by clicking this link.