Hotline Phone Numbers
Get Help: Call Our Free Anonymous Teen & Youth Homelessness Hotline: 800.708.6600
About Homeless Youth, Teens & Runaways
Approximately 1.7 million young people call the streets home every year. Many homeless youth, teens, and runaways have escaped from violent or abusive homes.
Streetwork Project: How Safe Horizon Helps Homeless Youth, Teens & Runaways
Safe Horizon’s teen and youth homelessness program, Streetwork Project, makes almost 22,000 contacts with homeless young people every year. If you or a young person you know is living on the street, we can help.
Streetwork Project, Safe Horizon’s youth and teen homelessness program provides free services to young people up to age 24, including:
- Emergency services including crisis housing, hot meals, showers and clothing.
- Medical services, including HIV prevention and assistance obtaining Medicaid.
- Individual and group counseling.
- Legal assistance.
- An opportunity to socialize in a safe, non-judgmental setting.
More Information: Get Help: Homelessness Services & Programs
- Homeless youth advocacy
- Homeless youth & teen shelters
- Tour a homeless youth shelter in NYC
- Our Stories: homeless youth Streetwork Project helped