Hotline Phone Numbers
Helping Victims of Child Abuse: What We Do
To Report Child Abuse Call the New York State Central Register of Child Abuse & Maltreatment: 800.342.3720
To Report Child Abuse Outside New York Visit the Child Welfare Information Gateway here
Para Los Servicios del Abuso de Menores en español clic aquí
Safe Horizon offers immediate and long-term help for both child victims of abuse and adult survivors of child abuse.
How Safe Horizon Helps Child Victims of Abuse and Their Family Members
We help child victims of abuse primarily through our Child Advocacy Centers (CACs). Located in each of the five boroughs, these child-friendly facilities:
- Provide comprehensive, coordinated and expert investigation and response to the most serious cases of child abuse.
- Provide a specialized mental health intervention called the Child and Family Traumatic Stress Intervention (CFTSI) for child victims and their caregivers.
- Are staffed by a team of experts including child protective specialists, law enforcement, prosecutors, pediatric specialists in child abuse and Safe Horizon counselors.
How Safe Horizon Helps Adult Survivors and Child Victims of Abuse Heal
Our counseling center provides the most effective mental health treatment services to adult survivors of child abuse as well as long-term counseling for children affected by abuse in New York City.
Help Victims of Child Abuse
- Child abuse facts
- Learn about our Child Advocacy Centers (CACs)
- Support critical services for child abuse victims