Together we can change the narrative of Domestic Violence being an endemic problem and realize a world free from violence.
Whether you know someone personally you want to support or are passionate about domestic violence advocacy and want to learn how you can help others, there are actions you can take right now to make a positive difference.
General Domestic Violence Advocacy & Education:
- Join our mailing list. Stay up to date on what’s happening in the world of domestic violence advocacy. We can inform you of policy initiatives, news, actions to take, upcoming events, and more. Just fill out the form under the “Get Involved” section.
- Host a fundraiser. Raising funds for Safe Horizon directly benefits victims and survivors by helping us staff our services and spread the word about our offerings. As the largest victims services agency in the United States, we have professional, effective, and compassionate care and services available. To start a fundraiser, choose “Host a Fundraiser” in the Get Involved section and follow the prompts.
- Donate. Every dollar donated directly affects our ability to provide services to people in need. It’s quick and easy to donate whatever amount works for you; it all has a significant impact! Select “Donate” under the Get Involved section to make your donation.
- Share. Share this page on social media to publicly advocate for victims and survivors and encourage others to make a difference. Community is very powerful, and you’ll be surprised at the impact you can make with a social media share. Simply pick the social media icon(s) under the Get Involved section that you want to share this on, and follow the prompts.
- Get Educated. Visit our DV Facts and Stats page to learn what domestic violence means, who it affects, the different types, and other insights. The more you know, the more effective you can be in your advocacy.
- Visit Our Careers Page. Get the opportunity to use your work life to make a difference! With our staff, community agency partners, advocates, and governmental partners, we lead the way by empowering victims and survivors to find safety, support, connection, and hope. View open jobs.
How to Support a Loved One Directly Impacted By Domestic Violence:
- Call our hotline: Get personalized support and resources from our confidential advocates to help your loved one on their journey to safety and healing. Our 24-hour domestic violence hotline is 1-800-621-HOPE (4673). If your loved one is in immediate danger, call 911.
- Help Identify Safety Options: Visit our safety plan page to learn how to help your loved one develop a personalized safety plan, safety plan checklist, and more to protect themselves and find support.
- Chat with Safe Horizon Advocate: Start a SafeChat with one of our trusted advocates to discuss ways you can best help support your loved one.
- Join our mailing list: We will keep you up to date on events, resources, and inspiring stories of families who’ve overcome the burden of domestic violence in their lives.
We are part of a community that includes advocates, government partners, supporters, advocates, professionals, and caring people like you. Safe Horizon is the nation’s leading victim services organization. Our mission is to provide support, prevent violence, and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families, and communities.
Established in 1978, Safe Horizon is the largest non-profit victim services agency in the United States. We touch the lives of more than 250,000 children, adults, and families affected by crime and abuse throughout New York City each year.
“Safe Horizon has brought life and sunshine to my dark and horrific past! It’s time to move on.” — Armando, a Safe Horizon client