Hotline Phone Numbers
Streetwork Project: Helping Homeless Youth
Get Help: Call Our Free Anonymous Teen & Youth Homelessness Hotline: 800.708.6600
About Safe Horizon’s Streetwork Project: Youth Homelessness Program
The Streetwork Project youth and teen homelessness program was formed in 1984 as a response to the growing number of homeless teens in New York City.
Streetwork Project makes almost 22,000 contacts with homeless young people, serves more than 65,000 meals a year and provides forms of housing to homeless youth, teens, and runaways.
What Streetwork Project Offers Homeless Youth & Teens
Streetwork Project provides Drop-In Centers for homeless teens and young adults up to ages 24 in NYC.
Each LGBT-friendly Drop-In Center assigns a homeless youth with a primary counselor and offers the following services:
- Daily Necessities: meals, showers, clothing, wellness activities including acupuncture, yoga, and nutritional counseling
- Legal and medical assistance including help in obtaining Medicaid and other benefits
- Mental Health: psychiatric services, counseling, case management, advocacy
- Emergency and crisis housing and shelters
- Sexual Health Help: HIV prevention and counseling, parenting groups, drop-in groups
- Opportunity to socialize in a safe, non-judgmental setting
- Help in obtaining identification
Call Streetwork Project for Youth Homeless Services, 800.708.6600
More About Streetwork Project for Youth Homeless Services & Help
- About Streetwork Project’s Drop-in-Centers and Shelter
- Learn more about how Streetwork Project advocates for homeless youth
- Our Stories: homeless youth Streetwork Project helped