Streetwork Project: Helping Homeless Youth
Get Help: Call Our Free Anonymous Teen & Youth Homelessness Hotline: 800.708.6600
About Safe Horizon’s Streetwork Project: Youth Homelessness Program
The Streetwork Project youth and teen homelessness program was formed in 1984 as a response to the growing number of homeless teens in New York City. Streetwork Project now makes more than 21,000 contacts with homeless young people, serves more than 65,000 meals a year and provides forms of housing to homeless youth, teens, and runaways.
What Streetwork Project Offers Homeless Youth & Teens
Streetwork project provides children, teens and young adults up to age 24 with the following free services:
- Daily Necessities: meals, showers, clothing, wellness activities including acupuncture, yoga, and nutritional counseling.
- Legal and medical assistance including help in obtaining Medicaid and other benefits.
- Mental Health: psychiatric services, counseling, case management, advocacy.
- Emergency and crisis housing and shelters.
- Sexual Health Help: HIV prevention counseling, parenting groups, drop-in groups.
- Opportunity to socialize in a safe, non-judgmental setting.
- Help in obtaining identification.
Streetwork is LGBT-friendly. All clients are assigned a primary counselor who can assist them in accessing needed services, including referrals when necessary.
Contact Streetwork Project for Youth Homeless Services & Help
More Information: Get Help: Homelessness Services & Programs
- Our Stories: Homeless Youth Streetwork Helped
- Homeless Youth Shelters in NYC
- What Safe Horizon Does: Helping Homeless Youth & Teens
- Homeless Youth Hotline, 800.708.6600
Would like to help us protect homeless youth, teens, and runways?
Volunteer to Help Homeless Youth & Teens