Safe Horizon is excited to work with companies that aim to make a difference in the lives of survivors. We offer meaningful engagement opportunities year-round for both individuals and teams. Text: Your investment supports Safe Horizon’s year-round critical programs that serve 250,000 children, adults, and families affected by crime and abuse throughout New York City each year. As a benefit of your sponsorship, we can provide customized and turnkey engagement opportunities for your team. No matter your interests and skills, we have a project for you. Check out examples of our service projects below:
- Encourage Young Learners:
- Literacy Kit – Bring a book to life by assembling an interactive literacy activity kit for a young student. Show them how much fun learning and reading can be as they build crucial literacy skills. Safe Horizon will provide a supply list to get you started.
- Engage as a Group
- Lunch & Learn – Host a virtual lunch hour, alongside national experts and survivors, where colleagues can learn more about important topics including recognizing domestic violence, keeping children safe, supporting survivors, trauma in the workplace, and much more.
- Share Your Skills
- Document Translation – Did you know that as many as 800 languages are spoken in New York City? As an agency that serves the five boroughs, it’s important that we can support all New Yorkers. Help us translate guides, legal documents and other important resources for neighbors who may be interested in receiving Safe Horizon’s services.
- Support Survivors
- Care Packages – Let survivors know they are in your thoughts. Decorate greeting cards and assemble care packages that will provide household essentials and treats to Safe Horizon clients.