|Position:||Executive Assistant to the Executive Team|
|Reports To:||Chief of Staff|
|Location:||2 Lafayette Street|
|Description:||As the Executive Assistant to several of the Executive Team members of Safe Horizon, this position will provide administrative and secretarial support to the CEO, Chief of Staff, and Chief Financial & Administrative Officer. This position will take work direction from the Chief of Staff, performing confidential and time-sensitive tasks, working independently on projects from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities with discretion. This role also coordinates Safe Horizon Board of Director meetings, Board Committee meetings, Senior Team meetings, Leadership Team meetings, and other meetings as needed. |
|Responsibilities:||Essential Job Functions:|
Manage executives’ calendar and meetings:
· Heavy daily coordination, updating and maintenance of the executives’ calendars for any meetings, appointments, and travels. Schedule appointments and commitments to maximize executives’ work time while ensuring priorities are met;
· Plan, coordinate and ensure the executives’ schedules are followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the executives’ time and office
· Arrange travel within prescribed schedule and cost parameters; provide clear and comprehensive travel/meeting details. Arrange for refreshments, provide entry lists for security, and manage all other aspects of meetings.
· Manage and process executives’ expense reports for review and payment
· Coordinate conference calls and web meetings with internal and external groups, including organizing the dial-in and logon information
· Process occasional purchase requests on behalf of executives.
Plan and execute logistical aspects of executive and board-related meetings:
· Assist, as needed, in serving as the executives’ administrative liaison to Safe Horizon’s board of directors
· Thorough and accurate preparation and advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format
· Coordinate executives’ and board schedules
· Confirm technology needs are met and arranged
· Ensure the final, approved minutes are maintained in the agency’s official records
· Provide support in maintaining a welcoming and professional office for guests
Facilitate internal and external communication from the Executive Team:
· Work closely and effectively with the CEO, Chief of Staff, and CFAO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
· Screen incoming calls as necessary, and ensure appropriate follow-up happens
· Maintain appropriate contacts for executives; create, update and maintain contact databases if needed
· Handle confidential matters including organizational updates and strategic initiatives
· Get counts and RSVPs for Board functions and meetings, several days in advance, and share with Executive Team
Serve as a contributing member of Executive Assistant Team:
· Provide back-up administrative support for other executives or leaders as needed
· Provide coverage for the Front Reception as needed.
· Collaborate with other administrative support staff at 2 Lafayette to ensure there is adequate Executive Assistant coverage while Executive Assistant is away from his/her desk for an extended period of time
Duties also include:
· Maintain organized electronic and physical filing systems, ensuring records are kept in an organized and readily accessible manner
· Provide administrative support to Executive Team as requested (Copies, printouts, etc.)
· Provide support to the CEO including prepping materials prior to meetings, confirming meetings and providing directions to meeting locations
· Other duties/projects as assigned
|Qualifications:||Required qualifications include:|
· Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience and minimum of 5 years administrative experience with at least 3 years supporting a C-suite level executives required
· Expertise in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, including top-notch calendar management skills), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment while managing various competing priorities
· Excellent customer service mentality and must display tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
· Ability to work in a discreet manner while maintaining confidentiality
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff including internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated strong project management skills
· Track record of success in executing extraordinary meetings and events
· Embody the utmost in professional business acumen, confidentiality and invigorating leadership attributes
· Excellent service-orientation, an eye for detail, fresh ideas, initiative, notable work ethic and results-focused.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs; willingness to work outside standard established business hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the bases of race, age, gender, gender identity, or gender expression
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
|Education:||High School Degree / G.E.D.|