|Description:||Safe Horizon’s Anti-Trafficking Program maintains a two-tiered approach to fighting the epidemic of modern day slavery. We provide an intensive case management intervention model that provides necessary social and legal services as well as referrals for other supports. While recognizing that client services alone will not turn the tide on human trafficking, our Anti-Trafficking Program also offers a range of services including education and technical assistance, training and advocacy to foster systemic change. |
At Safe Horizon, we believe our clients are the experts in their own lives. In order to help a survivor of violence, we must support their right to make their own decisions and choose their own path based on what is most important to them. This is the foundation of client-centered practice. At Safe Horizon, Client Centered Practice means supporting clients as they make difficult choices in their lives around their safety.
|Responsibilities:||Essential Job Functions:|
• Provide intensive case management through support, client accompaniment, advocacy, supportive counseling, and linkages with community service providers as well as local, state and federal law enforcement to a caseload of approximately 30 predominantly immigrant clients.
• Assist in the creation of client activities to foster community and develop leadership skills to empower survivors and transform them into powerful agents of change, including our survivor advocacy group, Voices of Hope
• Maintain thorough case files as well as draft monthly narrative and case management reports for funders.
• Collaborate and coordinate services with external partners (law enforcement, public benefits offices, shelter system) to provide a continuum of care for clients.
• Articulate case issues and opposing viewpoints clearly and concisely.
• Advocate for clients’ rights to protect the best interest of the client.
• Conduct outreach and training presentations to identified communities and providers, informing them about this issue as well as the services that the Anti-Trafficking Program provides.
• Participate in community forums, working groups, and trafficking networks.
• Active participation in weekly staff meetings with a small and dynamic team.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
• BA and at least 3 years experience working with trafficking survivors or similar population or MA/MSW and at least one year of experience working with trafficking survivors or similar populations.
• Counseling, community organizing and/or group work experience especially from a social justice framework.
• Prior direct service experience with one or more of the following populations/issues: trafficked persons, immigrants, refugees, economic justice, labor rights, victims of violent crimes, domestic violence and/or torture survivors.
• Adept at managing relationships with various levels of the government and law enforcement.
• Excellent and effective writing skills, organization and communication skills required as well as computer skills.
• Prior experience and current interest in organizing and executing group trainings
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
• Cultural competency and linguistic fluency in a second language required. Spanish, French, Mandarin or Cantonese desired; Spanish AND French plus.
Applications accepted until November 11th. Please submit a Cover Letter with your application.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses