|Position:||Social Media Coordinator|
|Reports To:||SVP, Communications and Marketing|
|Location:||2 Lafayette Street|
|Description:||Safe Horizon is the nation's leading victim assistance organization and each year serves over 250,000 people who have been touched by violence by helping victims of crime and abuse through their crises. Recognized as a leader responding to the changing needs of its clients, Safe Horizon is sought after for its expertise on issues of violence and victimization in the City, the state and across the country. Its programs are woven into the fabric of New York City: in community based offices; domestic violence shelters; courts; and police precincts. Whether responding to child abuse, domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking or other violent crimes, Safe Horizon helps victims and their families heal and rebuild their lives. Safe Horizon’s $50 million budget and staff of 580 employees supports a variety of program services including running a 24-hour hotline, providing safe shelter and food, and giving assistance through the legal process. Safe Horizon also provides supportive services such as mental health counseling and case management, as well as advocating on issues dealing with domestic violence and child abuse. |
The Social Media Coordinator directs social media strategy and execution for Safe Horizon. As part of the Communications & Marketing Department, he/she will work with members of the MarComm team and other departments to fulfill the agency’s overall marketing and communications strategy and organizational goals. In addition, he or she will work with agency staff to build unique strategies around promoting their work. He/she will also build and support partnerships to increase the audience for Safe Horizon’s event-driven and year-round content and activities.
|Responsibilities:||• Design the blueprints and mechanisms that will enable Safe Horizon to be relevant on a daily basis and throughout the year in close collaboration with team efforts.|
• Establish and develop online relationships and engage with social voices/communities to enhance the community wide and national reputation of the agency.
• Actively monitor and engage with all forms of social media (e.g. other online media, blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) channels on a daily basis to support agency-wide activity.
• Collate/source information from various sources in order to generate compelling and relevant ideas and then draft/write copy (tweets, Facebook and blog posts, etc.) to feed online new media channels.
• Track social media mentions and activity for Safe Horizon and others, and interpret this data for strategy development.
• Act as the key point of contact for social media queries, developing a response process, engaging with potential and existing stakeholders and constituents and looking to proactively influence these groups by building partnerships to increase Safe Horizon’s audience and reach online.
• Develop an authentic, compelling and prominent voice that wins advocates through engagement that inspires them to stay connected, donate, support a campaign, be ambassadors, and more.
|Qualifications:||QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:|
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and training
• At least 3 years’ experience using social media professionally with extensive social media experience and exceptional writing skills.
• Deep understanding of online and social media communities, especially with non-profit organizations.
• Demonstrated success with new media campaigns.
• Experience creating the infrastructure and strategy to sustain vibrant and compelling social media channels.
• Proven ability to develop an authentic voice for organizations through creative thinking and writing.
• Ability to conceive, design and launch campaigns that align with strategic goals.
• Innovator that understands and has experience in engaging audiences to meet communication, marketing and fundraising goals.
• Deep understanding of established and new social media technologies, analytics and functionality.
• Quick-fire instincts that are opportunistic yet sound and timely.
• Enthusiastic evangelist with easy ability to train others in new media tools.
• Be a team player with a “let’s-get-it-done” attitude.
• Ability to make meaningful connections with staff across large local organization with national reputation.
• Must be able to work under tight deadlines and in a very fast paced environment.
• Bilingual (fluent in spoken and written form) in language of a major New York ethnic group, other than English.
• Thorough understanding of related computer and systems for new media tools, preparing reports and overseeing operations.
• Knowledge of issues facing victims of crime or abuse and/or experience working with vulnerable populations.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
If you do not wish to enter your Social Security number at this time, select NO in the “Release Authorization” section. Selecting NO will not adversely affect your employment application.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses