|Position:||Coordinator, Child Advocacy Resource and Consultation Center|
|Reports To:||Director, CARCC|
|Description:||The New York State Child Resource and Consultation Center (CARCC) Coordinator is one of three vital program positions that works to support the work of the 40 Child Advocacy Center multidisciplinary teams operating throughout New York State. This Coordinator will be expected to provide expert consultation and guidance in-person and over the phone to MDT members, relating to any aspect of CAC operations. The Coordinator will assume a lead in coordinating and implementing key administrative aspects of 12 state-wide CAC related trainings annually, including maintaining a repertoire of over 20 expert consultants that provide the training, liaising with top-level representatives from the New York State Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) to ensure that all programmatic milestones are being achieved, The Coordinator will be expected to stay current with national CAC best practices, NYS legislation and statues impacting CACs, and CAC and child-abuse related data, on a city, state and national level.|
|Responsibilities:||• Responsible for all logistical planning, preparation, and follow-up for the provision of 12 three-day trainings throughout New York State, reaching over 350 members of the CAC MDTs in the state. |
• Schedules and facilitates statewide meetings, teleconferences, and videoconferences. Reports on CARCC activities at quarterly state task force meetings
• Drafts comprehensive quarterly reports (including narrative and data) for submission to the New York State Office of Children & Family Services.
• Compiles key NYS CAC-statistics, prepares statistical reports and trends analysis, on a Bi-annual basis for OCFS
• Provides expert consultation , guidance and technical assistance in response to CAC-related inquires by researching peer reviewed journals, state statutes, and other child abuse related materials
• Oversees the fiscal management of the program, including monitoring the expense submissions of over 20 consultants used for the provision of training, – including submitting payment requests, follow-up communication with contractors, tracking detailed expenditures in Excel for two grants, reviewing vouchers to ensure accuracy.
• Responsible for compiling and summarizing all training documentation;
• Responsible for ordering all necessary trainings supplies and ensuring timely delivery of materials to training locations throughout New York State.
• Maintain training calendar for 12 state trainings and notify identified trainers of the schedule and venue of the training.
• Develops and distributes Resource Guides and other outreach materials on child abuse issues
• Oversees program’s Microsoft Access database and develops queried reports, in addition to Case Tracking Database, website, and group listserv
• Travels to program’s trainings, meetings, and other events as necessary
• Complete special project tasks as assigned
|Qualifications:||• Demonstrable knowledge of CACs and MDTs and interest in child abuse and child trauma|
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience communicating with professionals from various disciplines
• Excellent problem-solving, conflict management and diplomacy skills
• Ability to , multi-tasking, and quick learner
• Significant attention to detail
• Competency and experience presenting at professional trainings
• Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, website editing.
• Strong proficiency in Excel to manage budgets and fiscal ledgers.
• Demonstrated research skills.
• Ability to work independently in small office
• Ability to travel to meetings, trainings, and conferences throughout New York State
• Bachelor’s degree + minimum of 1 year of relevant experience within a non-profit organization
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses