|Description:||Founded in 1978, Safe Horizon is the nation’s leading victim assistance organization. The mission of Safe Horizon is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities. Safe Horizon’s primary service obligation is to provide victims of crime and abuse with the resources and tools to maximize their personal safety and reduce their risk of further harm, regardless of the presenting victimization or service setting. |
The Research & Evaluation Associate works closely with Program Leadership to ensure the implementation of standardized practices that comply with funder regulations and promote effective delivery of Safe Horizon’s services and programs. Under the direction of the Director of Research & Evaluation, the R&E Associate is responsible for providing programs with strategies to ensure the implementation of standardized practices and compliance with funder regulations via the development of practice guidelines, technical assistance, systems development, documentation review and program observation. The central role and function of this position is to play a leading role in providing information, effective support and data analysis to programs in support of Safe Horizon’s mission, primary service obligation and strategic plan goals.
|Responsibilities:||• Takes on a leading role with Safe Horizon’s Quality Assurance programs and initiatives;|
• Develop standards, processes and protocols for the QA team;
• Ensure that the documentation of client entered program practice meets agreed upon standards through the development and implementation of policies, practices, procedures and data collection mechanisms that anticipate and respond to the operational needs of the organization (reports to program leaders regarding client service, etc.);
• Assists with training and coordinating Quality Assurance staff to meet strategic and operational quality assurance goals; provides oversight and supervision for QA staff, as needed.
• Develop, implement, and monitor client service practice protocols and tools;
• Be responsible for analyzing client service data including system data and phone call quality and provide guidance and mentorship to Quality Assurance staff regarding same;
• Develop and provide training and technical assistance to program managers regarding the documentation of client service practice;
• Conduct routine site visits to engage staff in adherence to practice;
• Collaborate with IT to ensure that technology systems reflect programs’ documentation needs in terms of practice and funder regulations;
• Work closely with Program Leadership to develop new polices and procedures related to standardized practices.
• Work closely with Program Leadership to implement and sustain quality assurance (QA) systems.
• Work collaboratively with Program Training leaders to create training protocols and curricula related to standardized practices and to ensure adherence to existing practices.
• Provide training and technical assistance to program staff regarding the implementation of QA protocols.
• Undertake special assignments regarding the improvement of the delivery of client services as needed.
• Draft project reports, and prepare briefs and manuscripts for publication/presentation.
• Provide oversight and supervision for interns and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated success working effectively with diverse programs and personalities to ensure successful implementation of proposed practices.
• Ability to step back and question reasoning behind procedures
• Excellent computer skills required; including expertise and experience with Microsoft Office, and statistical software
• Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership in designing and analyzing large and small scale studies that have led to publication or grant funding.
• At least 3 years experience implementing program evaluation or quality assurance or audit/regulatory processes practices
• At least 2 years experience developing and implementing staff training curricula
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated success working independently and as part of a team, to collaboratively develop consensus with project partners.
• Proactive problem-solving skills
• Willingness to travel within all New York City boroughs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
|Qualifications:||Master’s degree or higher in public health, social science, public administration, social work, or education required, or equivalent relevant experience and training.|
Five years experience in victim’s assistance advocacy or a closely related field, with demonstrated experience applying policies, procedures, and/or guidelines
Three years of post graduate supervisory experience in an applied social service setting
At least 2 years experience developing and implementing staff training curricula
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which may include a background check, credit check, finger printing and State Central Registry clearance.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.