|Responsibilities:||• Manages gift entry, notification, acknowledgment and invoicing for private donations, including entering and processing gifts, writing, mailing and filing of acknowledgement letters, and posting gifts to finance.|
• Raiser’s Edge data entry, constituent record updates, and other data entry tasks as appropriate.
• Responsible for weekly donation reporting from Raiser’s Edge, and pulling additional database reports as requested.
• Run weekly General Ledger Posting reports for distribution to Finance.
• Manages the receipt and acknowledgment of all in-kind donations by coordinating with donors and programs and liaising with Facilities to achieve deliveries.
• Work with Database, Budget and Research Manager to correct any discrepancies in the General Ledger Posting report found by Finance.
• Work with Database, Budget and Research Manager for proper allocation of grant strings with regards to the Fiscal Budget expenses.
• Responds to public and donor inquiries about Safe Horizon.
• Act as one of the primary points of contact for the Development department and screen all phone and e-mail inquiries and delegate to appropriate parties as required.
• Coordinates outside events and initiatives to raise funds for Safe Horizon including representing Safe Horizon at events where deemed appropriate.
• Manage all existing and new vendors for timely remittance of invoices; review and renew vendor contracts as needed.
• Track and reconcile expenditures of department petty cash, cash advances and credit cards for CDO and Development department.
• Provide support to entire department through tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings and interviews, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment and schedule repairs and/or order replacement parts, storage closet inventory, transferring paper files to electronic equivalent, sorting mail, bi-monthly timesheet collection, pick up paychecks bi-weekly, executing Facilities and IT requests, and professional literature subscriptions.
• Maintain Microsoft Outlook calendar meeting scheduling, phone screening, message notation, and transfers for Chief Development Officer.
• Liaise with both internal and external constituents including Senior Team to provide clear lines of communication.
• Provide CDO with specialized administrative support based on needs and workload, such as meeting scheduling, travel and catering arrangements, conference call booking, dinner and hotel reservations, and other similar assigned duties.
• Assist Development department with time-sensitive specific projects as assigned, including mailings.
• Additional projects may be assigned based on ability and interest of the individual.
|Qualifications:||Required Knowledge and Skills:|
• Must possess the ability to effectively multi-task with competing priorities and deadlines in a
• Must have excellent organizational, time management, decision-making and critical thinking skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to edit and proofread one’s own work, as well as proven attention to detail.
• Must have demonstrated ability to work with sensitive information and confidential materials. Must exercise tact, discretion, and sound judgment.
• Must be flexible and detail oriented, who can work independently as well as within a team.
• Essential follow-up skills, including a sense of personal initiative and accomplishment in order to set one’s own deadlines and monitor follow-up for ongoing tasks.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and fundraising databases.
• Ability to implement and maintain record-keeping and filing systems, as well as the ability to track paper and electronic correspondence in a timely manner.
• Sound accounting abilities as well trustworthy financial accountability.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Secretarial/business school certificate required;
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Must have at least one year’s professional experience in an administrative support role; nonprofit/fundraising office experience preferred.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Experience with Internet Research and Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud software preferred; Convio or other online credit card transaction software experience preferred.
• Strong interest in and/or passion towards crime victims’ advocacy as described in Safe Horizon’s mission statement preferred.