|Responsibilities:||• Responsible for understanding plan design and administrative practices to answer employees’ questions involving eligibility, plan/policy interpretation, and participant account management.|
• Ensures the input of all enrollment data and changes are entered into ADP Workforce Now HRIS database and monitors payroll deductions to ensure accuracy.
• Issues appropriate notices and plan communications as may be necessary.
• Responsible for handling and the security of employees' protected health information.
• Facilitates enrollment meetings and new hire orientation as necessary.
• Generates periodic (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) ADP reporting which may include detail and/or summary level information for use in management reports, or various HR-related initiatives, etc.
• Day to day administration of benefits programs, leave of absence (LOA) and FMLA requests, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, and retirement savings plans utilizing ADP HRIS databases
• Ensures compliance with FMLA and HIPAA requirements
• Responds to employee questions regarding benefits programs and FMLA. Provides services to employees to answer their benefit questions, handles and resolves escalated employee concerns and claim issues
• Provides orientation to new employees, and processes newly eligible employees’ enrollment forms and changes; educates participants by providing clear and complete information in accordance with policy terms, and conditions
• Ensures proper and timely processing of enrollments, status changes and termination of benefits coverage; coordinates with
Payroll to ensure that all enrollments, terminations and change data are reflected timely in HR and Payroll systems
• Compiles census data during annual renewals.
• Coordinates open enrollment process: prepares benefit packages, reviews and tracks returned forms, etc.
• Performs data edits, audit reports and trouble shoot errors to ensure data integrity of employee records and vendor interfaces.
• Reconciliation and payment of monthly benefit bills
• Develops and maintains relationships with insurance carriers, third-party administrators, brokers
• Processes Benefits Enrollment and/or Change Forms and as well changes to specific vendor secure websites.
• Administers and maintains the FSA plans by reconciling the bi-weekly file against payroll records; identifies potential discrepancies.
• Analyzes and prepares multiple benefit self-billing reports, check against supporting documentation/HRIS generated reports, and ensure bills are paid timely and accurately.
• Prepares standardized COBRA eligibility letters and enrollment packets for terminated employees and addresses specific concerns.
• Audits discrepancy reports for all vendors against ADP database
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management including benefit related activities and assistance in the implementation of new benefit programs.
• Special projects as needed.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related course of study, or equivalent training and experience.|
• Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
• 2+ years hands-on experience with ADP/Workforce Now and Enterprise E-Time HRIS/Payroll systems with demonstrated working proficiency with spreadsheet and database/reporting applications
• Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience administering employee benefits including knowledge of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, STD, 401(a) and 403(b) (including loans, hardship withdrawals) and voluntary Benefit Plans along with HIPPA regulations, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA and other federal and state statutes.
• Workers’ compensation, FMLA, State STD, Disability claim reporting, follow up, production of documents, statements, investigations etc.
• Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated success prioritizing multiple tasks
• Detail oriented with high attention to accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and follow through on commitments
• Self-motivated, proactive, accountable and willing to resolve employee issues
• Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations
• Good organizational skills; detail-oriented and able to keep complete and accurate records
• Technologically savvy; good familiarity with internet and updating web content
• Ability to ensure integrity of information and workflow processes
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses