|Position:||Supervisor, Crime Victims Hotline|
|Description:||Supervises a team of employees who receive incoming telephone calls involving domestic violence, child abuse, etc. that will, in some instances, require making quick decisions regarding the caller’s safety and well being. The Team Leader has a key role in setting the standard for assessing human service needs via telephone using active listening, crisis intervention and/or suicide risk assessment skills. The Team Leader manages staff members who will normally elicit essential information from the caller including the problem (or complaint) determine the immediacy and type of response needed based on an initial risk assessment, and document critical aspects of the telephone call and actions taken on the agency’s database. This position assigns staff to perform their duties and responsibilities, and reviews their work for adherence to instructions, accuracy, completeness and conformance to accepted client-centered practices. |
The Team Leader will focus on the integrity of the practice as implemented by the Client Advocates Specialist in their interactions with callers. The Team Leader ensures practice integrity via regularly scheduled quality assurance checks and regular supervisory sessions. The Team Leader serves as the primary contact for all other Safe Horizon programs and external partners with which the Hotlines’ interact. In the absence of the director, the Team Leader on duty will assume the bulk of the director’s responsibilities.
At Safe Horizon, we believe our clients are the experts in their own lives. In order to help a survivor of violence, we must support their right to make their own decisions and choose their own path based on what is most important to them. This is the foundation of client-centered practice. At Safe Horizon, Client Centered Practice means supporting clients as they make difficult choices in their lives around their safety.
|Responsibilities:||counseling skills acquired in Client-Centered Practice training, assist the caller/client to cope with the current situation. and may provide appropriate information and referrals to other resources and services. |
• Ensures smooth daily operation through shift monitoring and administration, including:
o Supporting staff to handle challenging calls and debriefing after challenging calls
o Supporting staff independence in handling calls through coaching
o Evaluating the quality of client experience on the hotline by examining abandon rate, call volume, hold times, and answer time.
o Running and analyzing call forecasting reports to ensure staffing pattern is consistent to meet the call volume
o Ensuring staff work schedules reflect ACD forecasting requirements
o Handling client calls during busy periods as needed, to CAS standard
o Handling calls from social service and criminal justice providers
o Handling client complaints
o Monitoring staff attendance for shifts, training and staff meetings
o Documenting shift activities and issues
o Approving timesheets, and reviewing time and leave availability for vacation requests
o Ensuring rolodex is up to date and appropriate for callers’ needs
• Provides crisis counseling to callers, when appropriate
• Acts as client risk specialist in managing clients who are at risk for suicide, and in supporting staff members who are responding to those clients’ needs
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness of case records that documents services or referrals provided to callers
• Prepares, analyzes, and interprets ACD reports to measure Hotlines performance
• Interviews prospective candidates for open positions and recommends hiring decisions in line with Safe Horizon’s hiring policies
• Communicates regularly with all direct reports information and updates regarding program practice and operations
• Coordinates shelter intake and communicates daily to staff updated status and availability of shelter space derived from Shelter Occupancy and Referral System (SORTS) and/or Shelter staff, as well as troubleshoot shelter-related issues, to ensure seamless assignments of Hotlines clients into shelter spaces
• Schedules staff to ensure appropriate staff coverage
• Provides coaching, guidance and supervision to direct reports to support their professional development and SARM skills and facilitate peer support
|Qualifications:||• Familiarity with human behavior and of causal factors underlying family breakdown; |
• Familiarity with laws, regulations and practices pertaining to public welfare programs.
• Sensitivity to gender-related issues and/or cultural background of clients
• Strong crisis management skills and ability to handle emergency situations.
• Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively communication with internal and external audiences.
• Computer literacy and analytical skills
• Leadership ability and willingness to work with a team approach.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Excellent organization skills
• Master’s degree in human services field (e.g., counseling, psychology, social work or related field) with at least 1 year of supervisory experience in a social services is required or Bachelor’s degree in human services field with at least 3 years of supervisory experience in a social services.
• Previous experience working with crime victims is essential.
• Telephone counseling experience a plus
• Microsoft Office proficiency required
• Experience using a report builder software a plus
• Proficiency with ACD/call center telecommunications technology and operations desirable
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are essential
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which includes a background check.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, veteran and HIV statuses