|Description:||: The Director of Individual Giving will be responsible for planning, coordinating, designing and implementing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals making $1,000+ gifts to Safe Horizon. This position requires a highly organized and passionate individual to work directly with the Chief Development Officer, Board Members, Development team and the senior management team in developing relationships with individual prospects and donors.|
|Responsibilities:|| • Set annual $1,000+ giving goals with the Chief Development Officer. Identify opportunities and strategies for achieving increased $1,000+ giving through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship moves management of existing and prospective donors. |
• Conduct a significant number of qualified contacts per month (1:1 meetings/exchanges) with donors or prospects to achieve annual revenue target and to establish or strengthen donor relationships for long term support.
• Steward a portfolio of individual donors with objective to effectively cultivate and solicit increased gifts and multi-year commitments from current donors.
• Develop annual work plan for each constituent in the portfolio, including income goals and expense budget, strategies for donor and prospect cultivations, solicitation and stewardship.
• Participate in strategy sessions with senior Development colleagues to manage outreach to current and prospective donors.
• Conduct prospect research.
• In collaboration with Development colleagues, identify donor prospects from both the Safe Horizon database and external sources.
• Collaborate with Chief Development Officer to coordinate the solicitation plans for existing major donors, including the establishment of donor follow-up, stewardship, and involvement programs.
• Cultivate new and steward existing donor relationships through cultivation events, site visits and stakeholder calls.
• Write and edit solicitation and stewardship materials, and may shape and edit donor correspondence such as letters, emails, funding proposals.
• Identify and cultivate planned giving prospects.
• Make strategic recommendations to Director, Special Events regarding major donors, including but not limited to: invitation list, seating placement, recognition, acknowledgement and follow-up.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
|Qualifications:|| • Bachelor’s Degree plus three to five years of proven non-profit fund raising/development experience with increasing responsibility for engagement with high net-worth individuals and a successful track record of securing gifts; |
• Familiarity with all aspects of fundraising principles and practices;
• Convey charisma, cultural sensitivity, and deep knowledge and passion about Safe Horizon's mission;
• Personal gift cultivation and solicitation experience;
• Collaborative and energetic work style, superior people skills, and ability to motivate and build alignment;
• Maturity, poise, initiative, and flexibility to handle complex situations and sensitivity to handle confidential information with professionalism;
• Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, work independently and within a team; ability to work under pressure;
• Demonstrated ability to work with high degree of autonomy and accountability and to be a team player;
• Initiative and creative; flexible working style;
• Knowledge of Raiser's Edge or equivalent database required;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet-based research tools.
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which may include a background check, credit check, finger printing and State Central Registry clearance.
If you do not wish to enter your Social Security number at this time, select NO in the “Release Authorization” section. Selecting “NO” will not adversely affect your employment application.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.