Essential Job Functions:
- Enters new cases into the Restitution database for processing
- Establishes and maintains client files and records
- Processes daily accounts receivables and payable
- Prepares daily recording schedules for the Restitution Coordinator (ex. log books, cash receipts, cash disbursements)
- Responds to general payment inquires via email and/or phone
- Informs Restitution Supervisor of any collection on a past due accounts and any accounts in arrears
- Remits client late notices
Secondary Job Functions:
· Prepares deposit slips and makes bank deposits as needed
· Performs administrative tasks such as filing, sorting, distributing mail, copying, faxing, etc.
· Provides assistance at other restitution programs as needed
· Other ad hoc duties as directed by Manager
- High School diploma required Associates degree preferred.
- General accounting experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Check and balance awareness
- Able to work in a team environment
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to interface with diverse population in a crisis driven environment
- Comfortable communicating with defendants.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.