The Research and Evaluation Department is responsible for providing programs with strategies, tools and direct support to ensure the implementation of standardized practices and compliance with funder regulations. Through the development of program practices, quality assurance protocols, documentation review, program observations, data analysis, program evaluation and hypothesis testing, Research & Evaluation informs management decision making about client needs, characteristics and outcomes of Safe Horizon’s services and programs. The role of the Research and Evaluation Analyst is to monitor client service and provide information, effective support and descriptive data in support of Safe Horizon’s mission, primary service obligation and strategic plan goals.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
- Willingness to self-reflect and have an openness to feedback.Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to maintain timelines.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and priorities in a team-based environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to engage Safe Horizon clients; ability to collaborate effectively with diverse programs and personalities.
- Facility for proactive communication with team members, program partners, and clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable and clear writer.
- Basic familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and PowerPoint; experience using Excel and Outlook preferred. Facility with SPSS or other statistical software preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, or other related discipline required.
- 2 years of experience conducting program evaluation and/or quality assurance initiatives. 2 years of experience working with victims of domestic violence, child abuse and neglect, or sexual abuse.
- A Master’s degree may replace relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel within all New York City boroughs.
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which may include a background check, credit check, finger printing and State Central Registry clearance.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, disabilities, and citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information.