- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; be assertive and well-organized
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of the Family Court and criminal justice system is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Conversational ability in Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu or other Asian languages a plus.
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization
- Experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Ability to work as part of a team while also independently generating tasks
- At least 1 year working with the program population
- BA/BS Degree in a Social Services-related field
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.