· Sensitivity towards and understanding of victimization, especially the experience of survivors of domestic violence.
· Experience with the family courts and criminal justice system preferred.
· Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Must be able to work as a part of a team and independently.
· Bachelor’s degree and two years relevant experience preferred or combination of education and experience.
· Experience providing individual counseling/crisis intervention,
· Knowledge of victimization issues and sensitivity to domestic violence, child abuse and neglect and sexual abuse is necessary.
· Bilingual Spanish/English required.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.