Ways to Partner
CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Safe Horizon strongly believes in the power of partnerships with the corporate sector. Our corporate partners help us continue to provide the practical tools, emotional support, education, and advocacy to help victims and their families heal and rebuild their lives. In addition to financial support, there are many ways for corporations to partner with Safe Horizon, including:
Cause marketing is a powerful instrument that allows Safe Horizon to partner with businesses in unique ways that have a direct impact for both our services and the companies that align with our causes. These campaigns engage consumers, employees, and other stakeholders in both the product and the cause, resulting in a meaningful public partnership. Cause marketing also serves the important role of highlighting a corporation’s commitment to social causes, thus making their products more appealing to consumers. Consumers can enjoy products from their favorite brands while supporting a worthy cause and becoming educated about the issues they stand for.
ADOPT A PROGRAM
Throughout the year, Safe Horizon’s programs require ongoing support, including needs for back-to-school supplies, toiletry items, winter coats, and even holiday parties. To meet the needs of our programs, we encourage companies to adopt a program for a minimum financial commitment. Adopting a program is a great way for employees to see first-hand how their efforts can change lives. To foster a sense of community between your adopted program and your company’s volunteer efforts, Safe Horizon will send you updates on your program. These updates may include an overview of clients we have helped, success stories, renovation updates or any other exciting developments at your program.
MATCHING GIFTS/WORKPLACE GIVING CAMPAIGNS
Many companies offer programs through which they match the charitable contributions made by their employees. Through corporate gift matching, your company can double or even triple the impact of an employee’s gift to Safe Horizon.
Safe Horizon also partners with corporations through workplace giving campaigns. These internal fundraisers give employees the choice and satisfaction of supporting programs that are most meaningful to them. Safe Horizon’s workplace giving campaigns support employee engagement, bolster employee morale, and help establish your company’s commitment to helping victims of violence in New York City.
Corporate volunteer projects are a great way to introduce your employees to Safe Horizon and its mission while also making a meaningful impact in the lives of the crime and abuse victims whom we serve. Opportunities may include events such as:
- Celebrations and Parties to celebrate events such as the holidays, Mother’s Day, or back-to-school for those we serve at many of our programs throughout New York City.
- Workshops to teach financial literacy, resume writing, or other educational / cultural workshops at our community programs, domestic violence shelters, or Streetwork project.
- Painting and Gardening at some of our programs and shelters helps to brighten and beautify the spaces where our clients spend a lot of their time.
CORPORATE SOCIAL EVENTS
Your company can integrate their support of Safe Horizon into its corporate culture by adding a fundraising element to employee social events. Your employees will feel engaged and proud that their company helps support Safe Horizon’s life-saving programs. Some examples include:
- Golf Tournaments allow for employees to relax and engage in friendly competition to benefit Safe Horizon’s live-saving work in New York City.
- Bowling Parties are a casual way for employees to have fun and enjoy food and beverage together in the name of a good cause.
- Retreats or staff appreciation events are an important way to help your employees feel appreciated and proud of their company’s commitment to a charitable cause.
*Please note that Safe Horizon can only accept new items.