Helping Homeless Youth
Get Help: Call Our Free Anonymous Teen & Youth Homelessness Hotline: 800.708.6600
Nearly 70% of young people who become homeless say they became homeless in order to escape physical and sexual abuse as a child, neglect, and other violent crimes happening in their homes, including LGBTQ youth (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered or questioning).
Safe Horizon Services that Help Teen & Youth Homelessness
Safe Horizon began its youth and teen homeless program, Streetwork Project in 1984. Our homeless youth and teen program gives at-risk youth a chance to reclaim their lives, their dignity, and self-worth through urgently-needed
How Does Safe Horizon Help Homeless Youth and Teens?
Safe Horizon’s Streetwork Project:
- Makes contact with more than 21,000 youth each year through our two drop-in centers, two residential programs, and street outreach services.
- Distributes over 65,000 meals to young people every year.
- Offers free legal, medical, and psychiatric services; individual and group counseling; practical and educational assistance; advocacy; HIV prevention; and many other services that homeless youth urgently need, all in a safe, non-judgmental setting.
Read more about Streetwork Project
What Can I Do to Help Homeless Youth and Help Homeless Teens?
Safe Horizon’s Streetwork Project helps give homeless young people the refuge they need from the streets – and critical resources they need to find safety and hope. If you would like to join us in making a difference for young people in crisis please see how you can help below:
Volunteer to Help Homeless Youth & Teens
More information on Homeless Youth & Teens
- Homeless Youth Statistics & Facts
- Streetwork Project for Homeless Youth, Teens and Runaways
- Learn more about Streetwork Project’s Drop-in-Center shelter
- Tour a Drop-In Center Shelter
- Homeless youth advocacy
- Call Streetwork Project for Youth Homeless Services,800.708.6600
- Our Stories: Homeless Youth Streetwork Helped