Safe Horizon’s events educate, inspire, entertain, and engage attendees in our vital work with victims of violence.
Calendar of Events
Find out about upcoming events from Safe Horizon, or events our community partners are hosting to benefit the children, adults, and families we serve.
New York’s corporate, civic, and social leaders join Safe Horizon at our annual Champion Awards, where we honor survivors of violence and abuse applaud the individuals and companies who help support New Yorkers in need.
- 19th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS
- 18th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS
- 17th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS (APRIL 25, 2012)
- 16th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS (MAY 11, 2011)
- 15th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS (JUNE 3, 2010)
- 14th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS (JUNE 10, 2009)
- 13th ANNUAL CHAMPION AWARDS (MAY 8, 2008)
Hope on the Horizon
Our annual winter breakfast event gives new and current supporters a chance to see and hear about our work on behalf of victims of crime and abuse, through client testimonials.
- 2012 Hope on the Horizon event
- 2011 Hope on the Horizon event: Review and Images
- 2010 Hope on the Horizon event: Review and Images
Safe Horizon's Junior Council is a group of committed professionals in their 20s and 30s who support Safe Horizon's critical work to move victims of violence from crisis to confidence by raising funds and increasing awareness.
Safe Horizon’s volunteers help us give support and services to victims of crime and abuse. Our volunteer opportunities range from one-day projects to long-term commitments. We have volunteer opportunities that allow you to assist in our service to clients. Our volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and bring a wide array of skills to Safe Horizon. We will help you find a volunteer position that suits your interests and schedule.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers 2008 Holiday Party
- LeSportsac Halloween Party
- Help for the Holidays 2007
- Best Buy events
- Disney On Ice: Finding Nemo Event
Actress Emmy Rossum (Showtime's "Shameless", "Day After Tomorrow") and famed designer Elie Tahari hosted a party to launch the "Emmy" bag, with partial sales proceeds benefitting Safe Horizon's domestic violence programs.
Director and actor David Schwimmer invited Safe Horizon to join him for the New York City screening of TRUST, a film exploring the aftermath of abuse when a family discovers their daughter is the victim of an Internet predator.
Celebrity fitness trainer Tracy Anderson hosted an event on behalf of Safe Horizon's domestic violence programs and services at Kirna Zabete, a Soho, NY-based boutique.