Hotline Phone Numbers
Domestic Violence and Abuse Stories
Domestic violence stories enable you to learn about domestic violence firsthand including: what domestic violence is, how domestic violence affects children, and how Safe Horizon’s services help all victims of abuse and those involved in the relationship violence.
These domestic violence stories are told by real victims of abuse that Safe Horizon helped.
All names of victims, children and abusers in these domestic violence stories have been changed to protect their privacy. Images used are only representations of Safe Horizon’s clients.
Children & Domestic Violence
- Christina’s Story: Her Son Asks the Violence to Stop
- Michael's Story: When a Child Witnesses Domestic Violence
- Natalie's Story: Saving Children
- Raine and Mason's Escape from Violence
- Shelly's Story: Ending the Cycle of Abuse
- Veronica's Story: Finding the Courage to Walk Away
- Peggy's Story: Being Free Again
- Lauren's Story: Survivor of Domestic Violence
Male Domestic Violence Victims
Help Domestic Violence Victims Today
If you would like to help save victims of domestic violence and the traumatized children who witness abuse, you can donate to support Safe Horizon and our domestic violence programs.
Each donation to Safe Horizon helps the give more than 250,000 children, adults, and families affected by violence and abuse the tools and resources they need to heal and recover every year.