Domestic Violence and Abuse: Recognize the Signs
Call us for support: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
Some signs of domestic violence and abuse are more obvious than others; these are few of the most common.
Does your partner ever…
- Accuse you of cheating and being disloyal?
- Make you feel worthless?
- Hurt you by hitting, choking or kicking you?
- Intimidate and threaten to hurt you or someone you love?
- Threaten to hurt themselves if they don’t get what they want?
- Try to control what you do and who you see?
- Isolate you?
- Pressure or force you into unwanted sex?
- Control your access to money?
- Stalk you, including calling you constantly or following you?
If you suspect that you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship, you are not alone. There is help in your community.
Call 800.621.HOPE (4673) or 311 in New York City. Outside of New York City, call 800.799.SAFE (7233).
Suspect that you are experiencing domestic violence or abuse?
If you believe you're experiencing domestic violence or relationship abuse…
- You are not alone.
- You are not to blame.
- You do not deserve to be treated this way.
- You have rights.
- You can get help.
What if someone else may be experiencing domestic violence or relationship abuse?
Get information. Get resources. Start by learning more about domestic violence and abuse here.